Professionalism: In depth knowledge of human resources policies, practices and procedures in staff selection policies and procedures and ability to apply them in an organizational setting. Demonstrable experience in management and supervision of junior staff in recruitment activities and establishment of monitoring and reporting tools. Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations. Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Planning and organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
Accountability: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments. Delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards. Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules. Supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments. Takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in human resources management, business or public administration, social sciences, education or related area is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in human resources, including recruitment, is required.
- Hands-on experience with Human Resources IT systems, such as Talent Management and ERP is required.
- Experience in supporting hiring managers with staff selection process for national and international positions is required.
- Experience in a UN field mission or similar organization, particularly in hardship conditions, is desirable.
- Experience supporting large missions from a back-office environment is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required.
USE THE LINK BELOW TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION :