- We are looking for an assistant accountant to support the finance department with day-to-day accounting duties as detailed below:
Duties and Responsibilities Accounting
- Preparing and maintaining customer records.
- Receiving and processing orders and payments from customers.
- Maintain accounts receivable, customer files, and generate plus analyze receivables list.
- In liaison with Sales team, keep track of outstanding debts to achieve collection targets and ensure positive cash flow and maintain debtors’ book to ensure that debt status is accurate and up to date.
- Submitting a monthly sales report in time for decision making; preparing, analyzing and reporting on weekly, monthly, quarterly gross margin analysis by brand, by customer type, region, and any other requirement by management.
- Managing petty cash ,conducting daily banking activities.
- Maintaining an up-to-date billing system to generate and send out invoices.
- Organizing bank reconciliations for office accounts and ensure company bank accounts are funded for payments.
- Assist in preparation of account statement and financial reports, audit exercise and any other financial function as assigned.
- Compiling stock records and information to keep a proper record of finished goods inventory.
- Preparing payment requisitions and relevant documents for payments.
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Experience, Skills & Competencies
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role in a busy environment.
- Experience in accounting and reporting functions, financial management and administration.
- Excellent report writing and presentation Skills, good negotiation skills, sound judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Financial analytical and planning skills.
- Attention to detail, ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- Professional experience with Excel and accounting packages such as QuickBooks.
- CPA Part 2
- A Bachelor’s degree is an added advantage
Method of Application
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents herein described, we would like to hear from you. Please make your application and email to: [email protected] before close of business 15th December 2023. Only successful candidates will be contacted.