About the job
Project Overview And Role
Funded under the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through a cooperative agreement with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Palladium Development and Consultancy Kenya Ltd (Palladium Kenya) implements a 5-year HIS project in support the Kenya Ministry of Health, county governments and healthcare service delivery partners to implement technological innovations in health information systems.
The intern will be embedded with PDM team of the KenyaHMIS project to provide Technical Assistance to supported SDIPs to strategically adopt and implement HIS products, monitor progress in adoption and use of HIS products supported SDIPs and document partner implementation status for monthly/quarterly reporting. Technical supervision will be under designated personnel in the PDM unit.
The position is based in Palladium’s KeHMIS offices, Nairobi & Kisumu.
Reporting And Supervision
The intern will report to the Product Development Management Team Lead.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide Technical Assistance to support SDIPs to strategically adopt and implement HIS products.
- Monitor progress in adoption and use of HIS products, support SDIPs and document partner implementation status for monthly/quarterly reporting.
- Support the service desk in triaging, resolving issues, and providing feedback to the stakeholders.
- Routinely update HIS implementation lists to show HIS product and module uptake by all SDIPs.
- Support in development of new and update existing capacity strengthening materials for all KenyaHMIS products.
- Ensure that capacity building materials are uploaded on the project website.
- Contribute to definition of requirements for capacity strengthening materials in terms of design and format for various HIS solutions.
- Participate in the development and publishing of eLearning content for various HIS courses and modules.
- Support training activities to HIS stakeholders on various topics in both classroom and virtual based platforms.
- Undertake other duties as delegated by PDM lead on health informatics and product management.
- Hold/pursuing a bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information technology, Health Records and Information Systems, Health Informatics, or a related field.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in HIS/M&E/Data management in HIV&TB program will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of KenyaHMIS digital health solutions and experience in deployment and use of HIS systems
- Experience working in PEPFAR implementing partner environment will be an added advantage.
- Excellent writing, communication, computer, and organizational skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and critical thinking.
- Ability to work/adapt to cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
About Palladium – Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion – Palladium is committed to embedding equity, diversity, and inclusion into everything we do. We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity and expression, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or for any other circumstance, please email our team at [email protected] and we will be in touch to discuss.
Safeguarding – We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Please apply on the official website using the link(s) below