Call For Application Advanced Leadership Programme, apply now
The Centre for African Leaders in Agriculture’s (CALA) Advanced Leadership Programme is a collaborative, hands-on, and tailored experience for senior and rising leaders in Africa’s agriculture sector. Designed for individuals spearheading and directly implementing specific country-level agriculture initiatives, the programme is initially open to participants from eight countries (see eligibility).
Certificate & Recognition
- Graduates of the programme will receive a certificate in Advanced Leadership Programme for Africa’s Food Security & Sustainability
- Be recognized as delivery champions across AGRA’s prestigious continental platforms and events, including at the national level
- Join an esteemed network of transformative leaders providing peer support for continuous achievement of country priorities
The 16-month leadership programme for experienced professionals will include a unique learning approach to developing participants’ leadership, collaboration and management skills, through the following experiences:
- Virtual and in-person (when possible) learning events to hone leadership skills for delivery
- Action Learning Projects connected directly to the participants’ job objectives and country transformation objectives
- On-the-job and in-country coaching
- Regular peer accountability sessions
- Participation in bi-annual leadership forums
- Participation in the African Green Revolution Forum (AGRF)
- Exposure to case studies of ‘Game-changers’ in African agriculture
- Virtual and in-person peer-learning and networking with cohorts of participants from across the continent.
CALA’s Advanced Leadership Programme will support food security champions and leaders to:
- Be recognised as a delivery-oriented and collaborative leader driving tangible change at the country-level
- Advance country-level flagship programs and policies to achieve progress toward agriculture transformation
- Network & drive cross-sector collaboration to advance sustainability and food security objectives
- Enhance leadership skills in environmental sustainability through exposure to agro-ecological principles, climate change adaptation and environmental and social management (ESMS), each recognized as contributing to sustainable farming, food production, and resilient food systems in the face of increasing climate change impacts.
Leaders implementing country-level agriculture efforts:
- Established or emerging leaders working in government, private firms and associations, or civil society organizations who are responsible for driving agriculture flagships and priority programs.
- Must be actively employed or working in government (public sector), private sector and civil society (associations or civil society organizations)
- 2 initial cohorts will be formed from participants from the following countries: Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda.
Application Process Details
- Applications for Cohort 3 open on May 3 and will close on June 9, 2023
- Selection communicated by early July
- Cohort 3 begins in August 2023
APPLY ON THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE USING THE LINK BELOW: